HOMPOW projectors are popular mini projectors on the market. In this guide, we will share how to connect iPhone to the HOMPOW projector and answers some FAQs related to the projector, including HOMPOW projector no sound, HOMPOW projector Netflix play, etc.
HOMPOW Projectors Connect to iPhone
HOMPOW projectors now only support the HDMI connection method. You can follow the steps below to connect the projector to your iPhone.
- Set up your HOMPOW projector and turn on the projector.
- Get lightning to HDMI adapter.
- Plug the lightning port into your iPhone.
- Plug the HDMI port of the adapter into the HOMPOW projector.
- Select the HDMI signal as the input source on the projector.
- Click Trust on your iPhone when the projector asks for access to your iPhone.
- Then, the projector and your iPhone will be connected.
- If you can’t connect the projector to your iPhone successfully, you can restart the HOMPOW projector and try again. In addition, just check whether the HDMI signal is selected as the input source of your projector.
HOMPOW Projector Troubleshooting
In this section, you will know how to solve the problems, including no sound problems, remote control doesn’t work, no signal, and blurry images.
HOMPOW Projector No Sound
- Check whether the projector is muted by adjusting the volume using a remote control or the volume button on the projector.
- Make sure the audio cable is plugged into the correct interface.
- HOMPOW projectors don’t support Dolby sound, and you can turn the Dolby sound off when you play videos on some streaming platforms. Follow the path to turn off Dolby sound: Settings > Display & Sounds > Audio > Dolby Digital Output > and then turn Dolby Digital Plus OFF.
- Make sure the audio format is supported on the projector.
- Alter to PCM mode when you connect the projector to a DVD player.
- Make sure the projector is not connected to an earphone.
HOMPOW Projector Remote Doesn’t Work
- Check the battery of the remote control. If the battery is depleted, you can replace a new pair of batteries for the projector.
- Make sure the distance between the projector and the remote is within the effective range. Walk close to the projector when you use the remote.
- Point the remote control to the projector’s IR receiver.
- Do not use strong light near the projector to avoid interference.
- You can try some projector universal projector app to control the projector temporarily.
HOMPOW Projector No Signal
- Check whether you have selected the correct input source. For example, you need to choose HDMI as the input source when you connect the projector to a Roku, Fire TV, or computer.
- Check whether the connection cable is well. Try to replace a new cable if the cable doesn’t work.
- You can try to unplug and reconnect the external device if the projector is in standby mode.
HOMPOW Projector Blurry Image
If the HOMPOW projector has blurry images, you can try the following solutions.
- Check whether the projection image is too big. Make sure the projection image is within the screen size range. If the projection image is too big, the image may be blurry.
- Keep a dark environment when you use the projector. For example, you can turn the lights off or roll the curtain down to improve the viewing effect.
- Check whether the lens is dirty, and try to clean the lens regularly.
- Check whether the output resolution is supported on the projector or not when you connect the projector to an external device.
- You can check the post Why is My Projector Blurry to get more possible causes for blurry images.
HOMPOW Projector FAQs
How to Set Up HOMPOW Projector?
HOMPOW projectors are multimedia projectors without a smart system. You can follow the steps below to set up the projector.
1. Place the HOMPOW projector on a flat surface.
2. Connect the projector to power and power on the projector.
3. Hang on a screen in front of the projector. You can also project the image onto a white wall. To improve the viewing effect, you can choose an ALR screen.
4. Adjust the position and height of the projector to fit the screen size. You can move the projector farther from the screen if the image is too small.
5. Roll the focus ring of the projector to adjust the image clarity.
6. Roll the keystone ring on the top of the projector to make the projection image rectangular.
7. Connect the projector to an external device to access more content or resources. For example, a TV stick, a USB flash drive, a smartphone, or a laptop.
8. Select the corresponding input source on the projector.
9. Then, you can use the projector.
The setup guide is applicable to front projection mode. If you prefer a ceiling projection, you can buy a ceiling mount kit and select the ceiling projection mode in Setting.
How to Watch Netflix on HOMPOW Projector?
The HOMPOW projector has no built-in Netflix, and you can only connect the projector to streaming devices or other external devices to watch Netflix on the projector.
There are two methods to watch Netflix on the projector. Please remember to turn off the Dolby sound as the projector doesn’t support Dolby sound.
Method 1: Connect to Streaming Devices
- Turn on the HOMPOW projector.
- Get a streaming device, for example, a Roku TV stick, Fire TV, TV box, Apple TV, etc.,
- Connect the streaming device to the projector via an HDMI interface.
- Select the HDMI signal as the input source on the projector.
- Then, you can enjoy the Netflix content on the projector.
Method 2: Connect to a laptop
- Turn on the HOMPOW projector and your laptop.
- Get an HDMI cable.
- Connect the projector and the laptop with the HDMI cable.
- Select the HDMI as the input source on the projector.
- Press windows and P simultaneously to load display modes.
- Select one mode from the four modes based on your needs. For example, duplicate mode.
- Enter Netflix on your laptop.
- Then, the image of your laptop can be seen on the projector’s screen.
- Check more connection guides in the post How to Use a Projector as a TV.
How to Connect the Projector to Android Phone?
HOMPOW projectors only support HDMI connections. You can connect the Android phone to the projector by means of an HDMI adapter. Here are the details.
- Turn on your HOMPOW projector and your Android phone.
- Find your MHL cable/Micro USB or Type-C to HDMI cable.
- Connect the projector to your phone by plugging the HDMI port into the HDMI interface of the projector and the other Micro USB or Type-C port to your smartphone.
- Trust the projector on your Android phone.