In this guide, we will share methods to clean a projector screen. It is worth noting that Glass beaded screen is not washable as the cleaning process will remove the glass beads. You can use a feather duster or other brushes with soft materials to clean it if the screen is covered by too much dust.
How to Clean a Projector Screen?
In this section, we will explain how to clean screens based on different pollution types.
1. Small Stains and Dust
- Use a feather duster to whisk the dust away.
- If there are non-impregnated stains, you can use an eraser to gently wipe them away. It is recommended to use a white eraser to avoid color residue.
2. Large Stains or Liquid Stains
If the projector is polluted by water stains, you can just dry it with a dryer, if not, you need to choose to use a cleaner.
- The cleaner is recommended to be PH neutral to avoid corrosion of the screen.
- Avoid oily or bright agent cleaners, and choose water-based or volatile foam cleaners to avoid damage to the screen.
- As the surface of the screen is uneven, wiping tools should be the polymer sponge.
You may be interested in Projector Screen Buying Guide.
3. Oil Stain
It is troublesome and difficult to clean oil stains compared with other stains. Here are the cleaning steps.
- Use a cotton ball dipped in a small amount of degreaser, and fade it quickly.
- Dilute with pure water or neutral detergent, and absorb dry as soon as possible.